Friday, June 01, 2007

A little part of my heart broke today...

Why? For the simple reason that I adore my boys. And I have now enrolled Mitch and Cam in school for next year. This is a new part of their life - waiting to begin..
I know that they will love the whole experience - and I am so glad that we made the decision to defer their start to school till 08. It is the knowledge that these two little fellows will be starting off in the BIG WIDE WORLD of school life, and no longer will I be able to know their every thought. I will no longer be the main person in their life who they will ask questions and guidance from.
The really silly thing is that this all doesnt happen till NEXT YEAR!!! LOL For goodness sake - it was only their enrolment forms. I know that I will be a blubbering mummy next year.;]

This is more for my own remembering.......so bear with me.

On a much cheerier note, Jonathan is finally starting to realise the pleasure of language!! He has taken his time in learning words, although they are starting to finally emerge out of that little mind.
So far his favs are: mama, bear (oscar-his teddy), up, down, duck (truck), bin, bump, beep-beep, ouch, cut (with finger action - scissors), dere(there),big., day, baa (sheep), mine, no, uh-oh, top (stop), pop (toast), dark, cold, ain (rain), eat.

fav hand actions: 1 finger up (1 more), hands together beside head (rest/sleep), pointing to self (me too)

And today a couple of two-word utterances have arrived: big duck, up dere.

I was totally stunned with these - and as pleased as punch. I so totally love watching their new skills and learning emerge. makes all the yuk stuff so worth while.

So on that note- I hope that you have a fantastic weekend.

Take care
L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know what you mean about school. It is the hardest thing ever. i know that even some mornings NOW i still get a lump in my throat..lol Especially after school holidays..I just miss her terribly..lol

seeya
sarah