Friday, June 15, 2007

Time to play with a new toy ....

I have been waiting for ages to add to my Canon 350's lens collection. Waiting, waiting, waiting.... waiting for the right time to spend $$$ on a play item for me.

I have been eyeing off a Canon 50mm 1.8 lens for ages, and so ordered one through ebay ( at a great price!) and finally it arrived!!

Mind you I was not really that happy about signing for the package at 7.45am, dressed in my pjs, warm slippers and dressing gown. LOL

I was off to playgroup, and then out for lunch - so I just had to take it with me for a play!!!. I just love the depth of field this lens can blur out!!! - as shown in the glass shot. Also love the ability to use low lighting ( as in the pic of jon fast asleep after his lunch date.) No flash used here :)
I just need to really get my head around the need to position myself to get in close to the subject - rather than using a telephoto lens.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: