Happy birthday Mitchell and Cameron, AGAIN!!!
We had already had the REAL birthday day, Then this was followed by the extended family birthday party, and then yesterday we finished off with a party with a few friends. I am so glad to see the end of this party week!!
I made another birthday cake featuring dinosaurs - the theme for this party. Watched the men's tennis finals whilst making this. Needless to say I had to stop a few times and watch the tennis for real. LOL

I planned a Dinosaur treasure hunt. The children were given a paper bag with a picture of lava rocks (spray painted pebbles hinding in the garden) , a picture of a dinosaur fossil ( a plastic dinosaur hiding in a conatiner of sand), a photo of dinosaur eggs ( jelly beans) and a note saying " help to hatch a dinosaur" ( a dinosaur in a blown up balloon - needing to be popped). It was full on chaos whilst the hunt was on - however I think the children enjoyed becoming dinosaur scientists and finding all the goodies. Jonathan even slept with his bag last night.!!
I made another birthday cake featuring dinosaurs - the theme for this party. Watched the men's tennis finals whilst making this. Needless to say I had to stop a few times and watch the tennis for real. LOL

I planned a Dinosaur treasure hunt. The children were given a paper bag with a picture of lava rocks (spray painted pebbles hinding in the garden) , a picture of a dinosaur fossil ( a plastic dinosaur hiding in a conatiner of sand), a photo of dinosaur eggs ( jelly beans) and a note saying " help to hatch a dinosaur" ( a dinosaur in a blown up balloon - needing to be popped). It was full on chaos whilst the hunt was on - however I think the children enjoyed becoming dinosaur scientists and finding all the goodies. Jonathan even slept with his bag last night.!!

I had mage a pinata dinosaur egg, and so we had a great time whacking this little (hard to break ) egg. I love this shot of Cameron who has literally jumped off the ground with his efforts. :) ( Thanks to Jane who walked around with my camera for the day).
Dinosaur food included Pteradactyl wings, T-rex meatballs, dinosaurs in lava and swamp jelly, and lava juice. I totally forgot to cook the dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets (whoops ;p) - so we ate those for lunch today.
So until the next birthday - I'm glad this one is over.



1 comment:
I am very impressed with this birthday cake. Your very clever to make this. I have no talent for such creations. Excellent work Lisa and great photos too.
Thanks for sharing with us. It sure looked like a very happy birthday for the boys.
From Susan (smiles1965) at Scrapboxx
Post a Comment