Saturday, January 05, 2008

OUCH, OUCH, OUCH!!

Picture this setting this morning .....





A very hot day





Three boys playing outside in the shady sandpit- making all sorts of concoctions with the sand and plants and a few old pots and pans......





- keeping somewhat happy ......





Then an almighty squeal/yowl/howl/cry comes out of Mitchell. I look around to see him standing on the wooden edge of the sandpit with streams of tears dripping down his face. And yelling that he has hurt his toe. Mitch doesn't often cry like that - so I knew he must be really hurting - but What had he done???





The silly sausage had dropped his own large pot of freshly made "sand and Rosemary soup" onto his large toe - and the poor toe nail was going decidedly black.





So with a good dose of pain relief, and an ice pack the tears finally subsided and the White house has some calmness again. For the rest of the afternoon he has hobbled around. Not really complaining - but GOSH it must be sore!!!





So tonight Mitch asked me to take a picture of this cooking injury .... and here it is. Still very red and throbby looking. The blood blister has spread some more - and the whole nail is going black. Ouch, ouch, ouch!!!!
I am so glad that we went school shoe shopping during the week, as I feel sandals might be the go for the next few days.

So till next time - take care of all of yourselves.

Lisa

No comments: