Saturday, April 25, 2009

ANZAC DAY 2009, 2 birthdays and a splosh of painting

Lest we forget.....

Thank you to all of the brave soldiers and their families, who give their all so we can live in a land of peace.

We watched alot of the parade, and the Gallipoli service today. The boys had a lot of questions.... We can only hope that we answered them with honesty and gave them the information they needed. I struggled with this one though ... " why do people start wars mummy? They should stop fighting and say sorry." mmmmmm good point!


On a brighter note ... Happy birthday to two people today. My niece Lauren is 18 today! and my a friend's little girl is 2 today! Have special days guys!!!!

This afternoon found me standing on the edge of our bath, or perched on a ladder in the boy's bathroom. A few years ago I made a mistake in painting the bathroom yellow. Yellow is fine, I really like yellow, however I came to realise that that particular shade of yellow really clashed with the bath and the tiles. So today I braved the task, and started again. Now Im not sure whether to change the accessories too. Something to ponder.

Tomorrow is supposed to be an awful day, with lots of rain, wind and hail. And a top temp of 14oC. After our mild weather of 20's this past week, I am not looking forward to this AT ALL!!!

Cheers,
Lisa

No comments: