Thursday, December 20, 2007

WET, WET,WET

Wow - what a day of weather we had here in Melbourne today. Started off with some great thunderstorms - which for once the kids were quite excited about. Guess the daytime helps the scariness of the lightning. Then this afternoon we had an almightly bucketing down. Everything went so dark, and quiet. it was literally the quiet before the storm. and then it hit - So much rain. I dont think that I have seen that much heavy rain and wind in such a long time. Our down pipe on the verandah couldn't keep up with the flow - it ended up overflowing the spouting. We had water up to the table area . Jonathan kept opening the doors to see outside - "raining "he proudly kept saying to me. I love checking out the rain radar at this website. So handy!

-. Mitch and Cam were out with daddy shopping at a strip shopping centre for chrissy pressies. They came home all excited cause they had to stop at a coffee shop and wait out the rain till they could walk back to the car. mmmm I wonder who thought of that stop off area????? P-----??

I've just checked out Jane's blog. She has posted some great pics of her new waterfront property. Jane live about 5 mins drive from me and seems to have received a fair amount of rain also.

If you are in Melbourne and frequent Scraptacular - I noticed on 10 News tonight that Thrift Park Shopp Centre in Mentone was heavily hit with rain also. Hope all that paper is ok!!!!

On a completely different note, I popped down to see the surgeon again today. My nose is healing nicely he says, and he now thinks that he must have nicked a branch of a nerve, and that's why I still have so much numbness on the LHS of the nose. I do have pins and needles sensation when I touch it now - so he said that is a positive start. Back to see him again in feb next year.

OK, so now all my chickadees are hopefully sound asleep - I can start wrapping up some of their goodies.

Hope you are all dry and well.

No comments: