Monday, December 03, 2007

The countdown has begun in this house!!!!

Is Santa coming tomorrow? I am asked with so much hope from the boys. No not tomorrow, I reply. Tuesday then. To this Jonathan also pipes up with "Weday" - as has just learnt this day of the week. LOL the next few weeks are going to drag ever so slowly for these guys at this rate.

I have bought all three a Chocolate advent calender in the hope that this will help count through the days. Great idea in the mornings - only prob is that by the afternoon they are rready to open another day.

Started with the Christmas decs on Sunday. The new wreath is on the front door, and we strated on th trees. We have two trees in this house. One for the boys to decorate, and have Santa put his goodies in on Xmas eve. This tree is upstairs - just outside their bedrooms. I don't know what it is about tinsel - but the boys just LOVED being able to put this wherever thay wanted. Gotta love their ideas - they even worked out that a ladder from downstairs would help to reach the top - so off they toddle, and returned with ladder in tow.

The other tree is in the lounge room - and only Peter and I decorate that one. Selfish I know - but hey - I'm really particular about my tree. This way, with two trees I don't feel as bad.
I am also planning to send a letter off to Santa through Australia Post. we did this last year - and the boys were full of delight when a letter returned from Santa himself.!

Earlier in the year Mitchell and cameron make a picture plate drawing - and this returned today - as the finished plate. I was quite pleased with their efforts - especially as neither like to draw. Mitchell has his car - himself and his bear in the pic,
whilst Cam has drawn a Cement truck - complete with purple concrete coming out the back. ! :)
Boy were these little boys eager for tea tonight - just so they cound use these new plates. Thought I would take a pic each with their plate, as I am sure that in a few years it will be hard to remember how big they were at this time in their busy lives.
Tomorrow another major milestone arrives in this house - Mitch and Cam are off to school for their formal orientation day. I will leave them for three hours to have fun at school - and meet their teacher Mrs. Roberts ( who I have met and she seems really nice). Wow - school soon. It just doesn't feel right that nearly six years have gone past already.
Cheerio for now. Hope this busy season is not driving you too nuts.
Lisa

No comments: