The lead up to Christmas day seemed like such a whirlwind - it has been really nice to have a quiet few days - not having to do much at all. I mentioned in a past post about the Christmas traditions that I want the boys to experience - some of which I did as a child - and some of which are new.
One of my favourite memories as a child at Christmas is helping Dad to decorate the outside of our house with lights . Peter and I have followed on with this tradition and our house has some lights on it as well!! I also remember as a child going to Ivanhoe Boulavard and walking amongst the crowds seeing all the houses decorated. We has planned to take the boys looking at C.Lights several nights - however the weather was really stormy - so left it all till just before Christmas Day.

Our presents to our friends at kinder were these little bags of reindeer food - full of sequins, oats and rice. We had a few of these bags left over on purpose so we could entice those reindeers onto our lawn C'mas Eve. Guess what - It must have worked. ; )

We completed all of our chores - ready for Santa's arrival. Put out a selection of goodies for
Santa . ( this consisted of some home made shortbread, cherries and a piece of bread[Cam thought of that one], and a drink of water in the boys kinder cup), put ot some carrots for the reindeer, and put out the magic key for Santa to unlock the door ( Thanks Jane from Crafty Matters, for that one!
Finally, the Santa sacks were placed under the boy's tree tree awaiting being filled and three happy excited little boys went off to bed. Took Mitchell AGES to go to sleep. As a child My sister (who is ten years older than me) and I shared a room together. I used to put my Christmas pillow case at the end of the bed. Drove my older sister completely nuts for years as I would wake up in the middle of the night and TRY to raid my stash quietly. As if a child could ever be quiet?? LOL
Our day started early ( Cam was up around 6 - and took great delight in waking up Mitch and Jon) Jon ended up quite grumpy - being woken early is NOT his forte.
Oh the squeels of delight that came from the boys this year. It was such a nice thing to sit back and watch all three boys marvel over the event of Santa arriving and leaving them some presents in their sacks under the tree. In they came to our room - draging their full sacks behind them. Silly me didn't bring the camera into my bedroom to I missed out totally on the complete dumping of goodies onto my bed as three sacks were upturned.

Lunch time was at our house this year with my side of the family- an easy BBQ lunch. Dad even managed to be released from hospital for the day ( he has been in for a week ) .

And one of the most exciting Chistmas presents my sister gave our family - was her announcement that she and Gareth are expecting a baby next June. I knew about this little bubba ages ago and have been dying to put it on here - but Leanne wanted to wait till Christmas till she told the rest of the family. Congrats Leanne and Gareth. This is one much wanted and waited for baby.
Ok - so I'm up to date a little now. It is time for some shut eye - It was a scorcher of a day today 40 oC and tomorrow is also planning to be a hot one. Time for some rest!!
See ya
L
1 comment:
Looks like you all had a wonderful christmas. YAY for a new baby too!. Have a good NYE and stay cool if you can.
Helen.
Post a Comment