And fun is what we had today. tonight i have tucked three tired little bodies into bed after a great play at the pool.
It was a dark, grey and very foggy day today, so I was particularly grateful that I had pre-organised a swimming play with friends at "Waves". We have swum at this pool many times before, however I must admit that the boys were soooooooo excited about seeing other children they knew there. We met up with our neighbour Gail and her three kidlets, and Anna and her two kidlets. Took lunch along too, so after a swim and then a full tummy, the boys had another quick splash before we headed home.
I am really pleased to see how much more confidence Mitchell and Cameron have in the water. I know that they are not swimmers yet, and have a long way to go before they will be able to competantly swim with minimal assistance. However the swimming lessons seem to be starting to show though. (Thanks Jo!) Both are now really enjoying going under the water, and are much more comfortable about playing in the water at shoulder height with no floatation support.
Jonathan too had a ball. Most of the time he only had floaties on and bobbed around. he can now get to the edge of the pool and climb out. And LOVES to use the ladder. He came home and slept for 2 1/2 hours so he was tired out.
This afternoon I pruned another couple of roses. When reading this back I am thinking "so what is the big deal about that?" All I can say is that I have about 40 rose bushes and three ready made helpers at my side. It is REALLY difficult to prune roses when I also need to keep a check on what one of the boys is trying to prune - and not always a plant that needs cutting. LOL. I hope that the weather will be nice to me for a few days more, and then I can finish the winter prunings.
That's all for now,
Hooroo!
Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment