Wow! What a week we have had! So much to do and such a lot to be done. The light is at the end of the tunnel though ( I hope ;) )
Today was a special one for our family. We celebrated Jonathan's 2nd birthday. Hooray for Jon! He officially turned two on Wednesday - however today was PARTY DAY!What crazy weather we have had in Melb This week - Yesterday was 37 and dry and HOT. Today was the opposite. Rainy (I'm thankful for that), but blowey and cold. Definately NOT the weather to be eating outside in. Lucky it was only the immediate family - so everyone was happy inside.
Jonathan was given this really cute ride on digger by Peter's Mum and Dad. He is just adoring it!!!x10. unfortunately so is Cameron who is finding it very hard to wait for a turn.
The workers outfit we gave Jon on Wed. It comes with a hammer, drill and measuring tape . He has been going around trying to say "BANG" when he uses the hammer. I am really pleased with this- as Jonathan's vocab is basically non-existant.
Looked through the cooking book , and decided to make a ladybug cake for Jonathan. I know that his favourite animals are dogs, Lions and giraffes, but my artistic flair in decorating cakes in a small window of time just doesn't stretch that far. So a ladybug it was. LOL Jon was so funny today when I showed him the cake though. Started chattering away to it, and waving hello. Cute. And so 2-ish. Did all the usual party things - A yummy BBQ lunch with lamb chops, chicken sausages, green salad, Thai coleslaw, potato bake and bread.
Blew out the candle ( mitch and Cam just HAD to help) then played inside for the rest of the afternoon. Nice and relaxing. Fun to be two. Caught this pic of Jonathan having a rest on a couch. I think that it was the only time I saw him still for a milli-second for the whole day.
Hope your day was a happy one too.
Till next time.
L.
xxx

1 comment:
Happy Birthday Jon!
He looks just so cheeky Lisa! I got your email tonight and thought I'd check out your blog and it is now about an hour and a half later and I have laughed and cried and feel almost as good as if I'd had a real visit with you. Had to get up halfway through to cuddle my sniffly boy so am now typing with Dan snuggled in my arms.
As always you amaze me with your energy, enthusiasm, ability to cope with three small children, and ability to take such incredible photos!
Have a great week and thanks for the visit with you!
Keep smiling,
Nell
Post a Comment