Tuesday, February 13, 2007

You'll have to duck through doors soon mummy

This is what Cameron told me tonight while having tea. LOL
We had just finished tea, and were talking about tomorrow's happenings, when Peter asked the boys to think of a pressie to give to me for my upcoming birthday.

Cameron: Mummy why are you having a birthday?
Me: Cause everyone has a birthday. we all get older and more grown up.
That's when he came out with this one liner which will stick in my memory for ages.
Cameron: You'll have to duck though the doors soon mummy.

Thanks Cam. ;)

Then it started to rain - just ever so slightly and the moment was gone. all three boys wanted to go outside with umbrellas. Crazy kids - (must take after their parents!!)

On a another topic - it always amazes me how something so simple can really excite children. While Jon was asleep today, and the others were downstairs for their"quiet time" (cough cough), I started to change Mitchell's sheets. Ok so nothing really exciting about that huh - except that I ended up moving his bed to tuck the sheet in - and then ended up moving the whole room's furniture around. i tell you - the look on his face was just priceless. He was SOOOOOOOOOO excited. Not really sure that it is all in the most practicle spots - but Mitch seems to like it.
He goes and finds Cam - who then rushes in to the room and with eyes sparkling and hands waving back and forth asks if his room is next. Cam's room is smaller than Mitch's so we are more limited on where the bed can go - but we managed it. Cam also has a new LO of furniture - and he is thrilled. Small things huh?

Better go - we have another early start tomorrow - Kinder for the boys - three hours tomorrow with just Jon and me - mmmm nice.

See ya

Lisa.

and if you have popped in - do drop me a line and let me know wont you!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally get it!!. I LOVE moving furniture around. My sister and I use to swap bedrooms on a regular basis. Its so exciting. I am always changing the boys rooms just for something different. Have a good week
Helen

Anonymous said...

Hello

I might try this in my daughters bedroom. Thanks for the tip, good thinking.

Best wishes for your upcoming birthday. I hope it will be a very happy day for you.