Sunday, February 25, 2007

Moovin and Groovin orchestra

Last night we had a rare treat. A night out without kids in tow. We dropped off the kids to the G'parents in Doncaster and left them there for tea and a sleep then headed off to the zoo to meet our friends. I was totally not expecting the number of people who were there though. Apparently around 4500. The Moving and Grooving Orchestra was on last night - accompanied by three singers - one in each set.
Great to hear live big band music with some swing jazz mixed in. My ears are still ringing as Grant and Lin had found a spot when they first arrived. right in front of the stage ( and in front of the loud speakers!!!) Couldn't talk to each other but it was great to be out and about. I missed the boys terribly - there were lots of kids around, and a few little guys just near us kept us entertained with their dancing all night. LOL
Even better was our admission price. We are Members of the zoo - and so we were able to get in for $5 each.
Left the zoo - headed back to doncaster - picked up the kids and got everyone home and by the time I was in bed it was about 1.45.am I must be getting old cause I really noticed the lack of sleep today when cameron came in at 7.00 Yuk!
Today was a really busy day too. Caught up with Some of Peter's extended family in Jell's Park - Wheeler's Hill for a Picnic lunch. Great to see everyone. And after all of the heat the we have had - today was refreshingly nice. Sunny but not over warm. So now the boys are in bed - trying to catch some much needed rest. That's wher I am headed now too.
Nighty Night.
L

Posted by Picasa

No comments: