So today has been one of those lovely hectic kid based days. Decided this morning that I was going to do some baking with the kids. Great idea in theory - as long as I didn't mind Cameron trying to eat most of the batter, and Jonathan playing with flour and trying to eat it at the same time. We made some rock cakes - with a recipe that I found in mum's hand written cook book. I still remember coming home from school as a kid - and finding mum in the kitchen with a pile of freshly bakes cakes. Yum yum yum. Today, after making these - I felt really special to be able to share her cooking with the boys. It has been 7 years since Mum died - and I still miss her terribly.
Anyways.... so there is a pile of these newly baked cakes on the bench- and I have given the boys one each - when Mitchell comes back quickly for another. What the??? Where's the other one I asked him. Scoop has it he replied. ( Scoop is his toy from Bob the Builder series). I laughed to my self and gave him another. Again he comes back for more....... Who has it this time, I ask? Mitchell replied my DINOSAURUS has it. He had several of his plastic dinosaurs on the floor - "eating" the ROCK cake. LOL The things he thinks of.
1 comment:
well done on the baking,i remeber there was nothing nicer than going to nans her house always smelt like cakes and freashly baked bread
Post a Comment