Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Fun, Fun Fun


We headed out to the Botanical Gardens today for a picnic lunch. I By the time we finally got organised and left, it was already late, so the first thing we did when we arrived was lunch. This kept the troops happy.
I have a new resolution to use the camera's timer more often - so we can all be in the photos. It is really funny to look through the shots taken and see how distracted we can all get :)



I love this pic of my four boys, all looking intently at something in the lake. Purely fluke that they are all in a line, in height order, looking the same way.
 Cameron was very eager to visit the Children's Garden again, so after our "refueling stop" we headed through the gardens. I really love the HUGE variety of the gardens and truely wish that I could bring most of into our backyard. (On second thoughts .. I could move my house there.. LOL)

Just as we entered the children's Garden we were met with a fountain for the children to splash under. It was a warm day, so off came the kids clothes and for the next while all I could hear from the boys were squeels of delight and Mitchell yelling to me" Mummy .. this is SOOOOO much fun"

Love this pic of Mitchell who managed to have a fountain jet gush right into his face. For the next little while this was bliss for the kids .. until they remembered the stream. And then they also realised that they were already wet, and so could happily splash about.
Together with the help of some other adventurers a dam built with sticks and leaves began to emerge. Cameron's face in this picture is a true indication of his delight.

Afterwards, we decided to make the most of the mild evening weather and headed into Crown for a look around and some tea. Unfortunately the light display was not on at the fountains, as they are in the middle of taking down the Christmas display. Oh well. Next time.
We stuck around to see the gas display at 8:00pm, only to find out that the first display for the night starts at 9:00. Amazing how an ice cream cone can fill in a good deal of time when you have to wait for something.;) This was a typical photo of Mitch in the day. Full of energy and excitement!

By the time we arrived home, we had three tired but very happy munchkins.

No comments: