Thursday, April 10, 2008

Reading, Birthday wishes, and contests...

I had my first taste of helping at the school today - with the reading program It was really nice to see the variety of skill levels of the preps, and to simply meet the kids as well. Much easier to know the children's faces when the boys talk about their friends. Looks like our class will be very lucky with 13 parents rostered to help do reading. Great spirit guys. well done.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sister Leanne, who turned 47 today and is 30 weeks pregnant with her first child! Yay to you leanne. Spent the day spoiling my sis today, with a nice lunch, some pressies, and a trip to spotlight in Bayswater. ( Oh my goodness do I just LOVE that store! It is HUGE). But I digress. Sorry about that.

Seeing as she is fairly immobile at the moment, and cooped up at home while helping this little bub grow I made Leanne a "Journal Jar".
In the hope that this will give her some thinking time about her life till now, I have been busily finishing this off over the last few days, ready for today.


I would have liked to make the front of the journal a little more tizzy, but knowing Leanne, I kept it simple on purpose.
Sorry about the colour of the pics. I was trying to quickly take a pic late last night. and used both flash and no-flash settings. Couldn't be bothered to retake on a few of the angles , so left it at that.

On a different note - I got myself all excited when my CK came today. Mmmm lots of interesting ideas this month! And behold - there in the mag is a contest to win a Cuttlebug. So I sat there looking for all the little piccies - only to find out when submitting my entry online, that Australian residents are not eligible for entering. :( Blah blah blah.
Oh well, next time I guess.
so till next time - hope you have a fab day tomorrow.
L

No comments: